- Racial Industrial 1-3 : Bestower (Amarr)
- Racial Industrial 4 : Mammoth (Minmatar)
- Racial Industrial 5 : Iteron Mark V (Gallente)
For those of us that have far too many PI alts with too few skillpoints; we currently have interesting choices to make : Learn Amarr Industrial for now; Minmatar Industrial for a little later; or Gallente Industrial for off in the never never (that is : when will I get time to learn another month of training skill on that 3rd pilot?). Even I feel the pain of not training my primary toon on an account, and I am not combat oriented. This choice currently matters.
Below is a copy/paste from the recent dev blog.
- All ship skill requirements reduced from 1-5 to 1. We want to overhaul Industrials roles as part of the Tiericide initiative and this is the first step in that direction. Watch out for more details when they are ready for player feedback.
- Racial Frigate skill requirement removed from the Industrial skill
Now aside from a standard caveat (i.e. watch out for more details), my interpretation is that after teiricide (maybe the 'summer' expansion):
- Learn Gallente Industrial 1 but if you are really keen maybe learn it to 3 (for the quick additional 10% cargo space);
- Reprocess your Badgers, Mammoths and Bestowers (and other T1 industrials) into scrap and put their BPO's away until the next major revamp.
- Start researching your extra copies of the Iteron Mark V BPO now.
Of course I read this dev blog just after I put the Badger, Mammoth and Bestower BPO's into material research for quite a while.
DoToo (my first pilot) will be jealous of all the under-skilled pilots flying his class of ship. My PI alts that are dreaming of one day flying an Iteron Mark V will love it.
As someone still struggling where to allocate skill points; even though it will make my alt's life easier; I am not sure I approve. A good game has interesting choices. This change, if it goes in as planned, makes those choices less interesting.