At the moment I have exactly one usable L3 Agent (there is a second - about 2 regions away), and a large number of L2 Agents.
Conventional wisdom states that multiple chained missions is better than single missions. I assume that mixing the single L3 mission with multiple L2 missions is desirable. This makes sense to me, as a large part of the time is waiting for a warp or jump to complete, and you want to minimise the number of jumps/mission. This type of routing - is in effect a traveling salesman problem and is technically hard (really - go look at that last link).
So I have a goal. Centered around my single usable L3 distribution agent, I want to pick up as many L2 & L3 distribution missions and complete them with as few jumps as possible. Doing the routing for this is easy if you only have 2 or 3 stops - but gets tricky when you get past that. I also have a solution; using evemaps.dotlan.net/route and a second window. I am also disregarding mission bonuses - they will be nice when I get them, but I would rather complete another mission for standing and ISK than get the ISK bonus alone.
- In my home system, My particular L3 agent is in a system with 2 other L2 agents. I pick up the 2 L2 missions and the L3 mission. If they are in the same system, I complete them and get a new mission again.
- I enter my start system, and the (generally 3) destination systems into the route planner at http://evemaps.dotlan.net/route and "Optimize" the route. This shows me:
- A map of where I am going
- The number of recent reported kills & number of reported jumps.
- A proposed minimum number of jumps.
- I keep open my Agent finder (I made a shortcut to it so I can bring it up easily), setting Agent Type to Distribution (the type of mission I want to run, and security status to high (I dont have a ship or the skills for lowsec) and my faction set (to keep my refresh time down), and finally my Agent Level (currently 2; home to improve this soon) so I can see the desirable agents.
- If there are any desirable agents in my current system, I stop there and get the missions, adding their destinations to my route and "Optimize" again. I will currently decline a mission if it takes me through lowsec, or if it takes me beyond my arbitrary maximum distance from my 'home' system.
- If I am passing by my 'home' system and I don't have my L3 mission, I will pick up it up (not sure if I should, but seems a good idea)
- Then I generally go to the next system dotlan suggested; delivering and collecting from stop to stop.
|Add systems and Optimize or Go
|Where am I going and how dangerous is it?
|And a generated map with highlights. Click to expand.