Thursday 7 June 2012

Planetary Interaction - Hisec

I have been playing with Planetary Interaction (PI), and it is it's own mini-game for spreadsheet junkies.

You can simply jump in and do it and get some nasty surprises; or you can do your research.  I have included links at the bottom of this page.  Some links I found useful are also duplicated in this post.

In it's simplest form PI is easy;
  • Train the required skills (All useful; Remote Sensing 1 appears to be mandatory)
  • Find a planet
  • Jump to system; place a command center
  • Place your extractors and start them
  • Optionally 
    • Build a storage facility
    • Build some processing plants for phase 1 processing
    • Build some processing plants for phase 2 processing
  • Build a lauchpad
  • Link everything up making sure everything is routed correctly
  • Keep an eye on things and fill your launchpad
  • Once your lauchpad is full 
    • jump to system
    • launch your stuff
    • loot the customs office
    • haul your stuff
    • sell your stuff
You can even skip the extraction phase and import all your materials, and just do the processing.


Where the complexity come in:
  • Deciding what to extract or process.  As always I let the market tell me what is valuable.
    • Are you going to extract hard to get low availability items for a higher price?
    • Are you going to extract abundant but cheaper items?
  • Choose your security:
    • Hisec (with high taxes; poorer extraction; low risk of pirates); 
    • Losec (potentially lower taxes; higher extraction; high risk of pirate); and/or 
    • Nullsec (??)
    • Wormhole (??)
  • Are you going to specialize your planets to one item or try to build a manufacturing chain.
I have chosen Hisec PI largely because I want to avoid pirates, and a 0.5 system to maximise resources from them.

I started off with the 'jump in and get a nasty surprise' approach.   My surprise was in Hisec PI taxes.  By simply taking my goods off planet - I had to pay 50% of my expected sales in up front taxes.  Uggh.  Most of the articles I read neglect to mention this trivial item.

Hisec taxec for PI per unit (Assuming I have read it correctly; and it fits with what I paid in taxes on my first haul of raw mats)
Item levelexport taximport tax
Raw0.50.25
P15025
P2900450
P37,0003,500
P4135,00067,500

(If this table is wrong for hisec; please let me know and I will fix it)

This means those micro-organism and noble gas buy orders I see at 0.4 ISK are below the cost to lift it from the surface.

So far I am trying a couple of planets to see what works.  But if you have plans on selling hisec raw PI stuff, mine the mats that sells for more than tax.



Links:

2 comments:

  1. Selling the raw mats is about the worst thing you can do. Process them to P1 first. P1 take up a lot less volume than raw mats and the export tax will be a much smaller percentage of the sales value too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://misc.big-eve.com/pi.html has a nice click once chart to show interactions

    ReplyDelete

Posts older than 14 days are subject to moderation before being published. I do so sporadically. If you have a question regarding older posts, also evemail dotoo foo.

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

While I currently accept anonymous users, please include a pseudonym. I get confused answering anonymous.

If the word verification is preventing you from adding a comment, please evemail DoToo Foo for alternative methods